Here are some things to consider about your Calgary landscaping project and have ready for our site visit:
- A copy of the grade certificate if applicable for your residence.
- A copy of your current Real Property Report (RPR).
- Any digital format of your residence is appreciated.
- Any community landscape guidelines as established by your developer or community board.
- Knowledge of existing utilities throughout your residence. You may even want to contact Alberta One-Call and have locates completed prior to our arrival. Secondary utilities to garages and other structures may not qualify within this free service. If required we will make arrangements to have all outstanding locates completed.
Talk to your neighbors and share your ideas. Depending on your lot footprint it may be best to team up with your neighbors on common areas between the houses.
Feel free to have pictures and any sketches that you have been considering available for us. The more feedback you can give us about your landscape goals, the better the final product will be.
Consider a few basic design elements prior to our arrival:
- How long will I live in this house?
- How much grass am I willing to cut every weekend?
- Do we plan on entertaining and hosting gatherings in this yard?
- Will I put in the time to maintain all of these flower beds?
- How big a play area do I want for the kids?
- Do I want to block the noise from my neighbors?
- Do I want privacy from surrounding residences?
Of course we want to know your budget. It is the most efficient way of costing a job quickly. With many of our customers, we help establish a long-term plan, and complete certain aspects of that plan year after year. Other customers would prefer to cut back on things and have us offer them a product well within their budget.
We are happy to work with any budget on any scale. We are home owners too, and we know that money does not grow on trees.